As of December 15, 2008
ROLE AND OBJECTIVES
The board of directors (the "Board") of Avanti Mining Inc. (the "Company") has determined it is appropriate to delineate a policy relating to environmental, health and safety matters.
The Company is committed to protecting the health and safety of co-workers, the public and safeguarding the environment affected by the Company's activities. These areas are of paramount importance to the Company and Company believes that excellence in health, safety and environmental practices is essential to the well being of the Company. The Company will meet or exceed the requirements of the Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety legislation applicable in each jurisdiction in which it operates. To achieve this the Company is committed to:
- Implementing and maintaining effective safety, health and environmental management systems that drive continual improvement;
- The identification, assessment and management of risks to employees, contractors, the environment and communities in which we operate;
- Ensuring employee knowledge of the safety, health and environmental risks by effective assessment and training;
- The reduction, re-use and recycling of waste to minimise final disposal and promote the efficient use of natural resources;
- Preventing and reducing all forms of pollution by employing effective technologies;
- Making adequate financial provision during the expected life of our operations to ensure sustainable life when operations cease;
- Meeting and, where applicable, exceeding legal requirements;
- Maintaining transparent, consultative relationships with all stakeholders through effective communication channels;
- Supporting the fundamental human rights of employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate;
- Respecting the traditional rights of indigenous peoples; and
- Contributing to the long-term social, economic and institutional development of our employees and the communities within which our operations are located.